Your Childs First Dental Visit
Your child’s first dental visit at a young age helps them develop good dental habits for life, and helps to prevent dental fear or anxiety from developing.
Your Toddlers First Dental Visit – Free Of Charge:
A very brief exam to ensure normal dental development is all that is needed during your toddlers first dental appointment. The current recommendation is to have this exam 6-12 months after the first teeth have erupted or around 18-24 months of age.
If your toddler has an older sibling, we can have your youngest come in with their older brother or sister. At this young age, it’s easy to get your little one comfortable with the dental office, as they are full of wonder and enjoy exploring.
Children Age 9 And Under
- We will review your child's medical history
- Perform a dental exam which includes charting their current dentition
- Check for normal dental development
- Take photos of their mouth and teeth
- Take dental x-rays of their teeth and jawbone
- Let you know how everything looks
Most kids under the age of 9 also have their teeth cleaned during this exam.
Children Age 10 And Over
Older kids with full dentition will have the same exam as kids under the age of 9, however they will not have their teeth cleaned during the same visit. They will be scheduled for a return visit.
This is because younger children don't have full dentition to chart yet, so a cleaning can be accommodated during the first visit. Older children with full dentition have more teeth to chart, and to clean, so to provide the best care for your child, two separate visits are best.
Is your little one very anxious about the dentist?
Ask about laughing gas for nervous patients of all ages.
What To Bring:
- Patient Registration Forms for each family member with an appointment-You can Download Them Here and fill them out before your arrival
- A list of medications taken, if any
- Your insurance card and/or booklet if you have one
- Your preferred method of payment
Please arrive 10 minutes early so that we can enter all your important medical and dental history and contact and insurance information in to the system before you see the hygienist and dentist.
We look forward to meeting you!
Book Your Appointment!
Mon: 9:00am – 8:00pm
Tue: 8:00am – 8:00pm
Wed: 9:00am – 8:00pm
Thu: 8:30am – 8:00pm
Fri: 9:00am – 2:00pm
Sun: By appointment only
496 Lawrence Ave W Suite 30B
North York, ON M6A 1A1