Many people want that “sparkling smile” that makes us feel confident. Cosmetic dentistry is a great option that focuses on improving a person’s overall appearance. Cosmetic dentistry is complementary to general dentistry that focuses on treating oral issues.
Cosmetic Dentistry has gained popularity in the last few decades. If you are looking for a way to achieve the smile you’ve always wanted, it is best to talk to your Dentist to find out which procedure will best fit your needs.
Types of Cosmetic Procedures
1. Teeth Whitening: A quick way to whiten your teeth that are discoloured or stained. This is one of the most popular procedures and is a safe and affordable way to change your smile.
2. Tooth Bonding: Similar to the material used for white dental fillings, tooth bonding procedure uses a material to match the same colour as your natural teeth. This process is often used to fix a chipped or broken tooth. Even though the enamel bonding is a good option, the lifespan can be shorter than dental veneers.
3. Dental Veneers: Veneers are thin covers made of porcelain or a composite material. They are custom made and then attached to the surface of your tooth. Veneers are a great option if you have teeth with staining that doesn’t go away with teeth whitening or if your teeth are broken or chipped.
4. Dental Implants: The best tooth replacement treatment is indeed a dental implant. They are considered “the gold standard” for tooth replacement. This surgical procedure has a titanium rod implanted in the jawbone and has an artificial tooth attached to it. This is a permanent way to fix missing teeth. The titanium rod is designed to act like a tooth root and can anchor a crown or bridge.
5. Dental Crown: Also referred to as a cap, a dental crown is custom made to fit over a damaged tooth. Generally, crowns are placed on teeth that are cracked, chipped, decayed or broken. A crown can be made of porcelain, ceramic, or composite materials.
If you are self-conscious about your smile, want a brighter, whiter smile, or want to completely change your entire look, one of these cosmetic procedures can help you achieve the uncontrollable urge to smile.
Schedule an appointment with Platinum Dental Care today to discuss improving the overall appearance of your smile.